February 3, 2009

The Journey

So here it is, my first post in the blog world. Honestly, I had never thought I'd be the one to write about my random thoughts or adventures. But, after my first few weeks of unemployment (in case you haven't noticed it's a horrible time to get a job, especially if you've spent the past 4 years in school) and reading about some of the more successful Strength Coaches (or whatever they chose to be called) I learned that an online identity is crucial in this industry. 

So...in the spirit of New Years Resolutions, here are a few of my goals for '09.

-Employment - Everything else on this list is 100% dependent on having the money to live.
-Get NSCA certified - Either CSCS of NSCA-PT.
-Get clients - Whether it's in a gym or starting my own practice.
-Branch Qualification - As a new "Butter Bar" in the Army I can't do anything until this happens.
-Followers - Yeah, you, the one reading this right now. I want more of you.
-Time - Get more out of what time I have by using the 80/20 rule. If you aren't familiar with the  80/20 rule, it essentially says that 80% of your results come from 20% of your actions. So in this case, I plan on cutting on aimless web/channel surfing, doing things for the sake of feeling busy and just plain stopping things that are fruitless.



No comments:

Post a Comment